It is therefore essential to ensure that we receive a sufficient supply of good quality fats!
But which are the lipids to favour in our diet?
Famous for its protective virtues, the Cretan diet (or Mediterranean diet) is regularly recommended to prevent cardiovascular risks and the appearance of cancer. What does it consist of? Why is it considered a health plan?
Eating up to 800g fruit and vegetables a day – or 10 portions – was associated with:
- a 24 per cent reduced risk of heart disease
- a 33 per cent reduced risk of stroke
- a 28 per cent reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- a 13 per cent reduced risk of total cancer
- a 31 per cent reduction in dying prematurely
According to Scientists from Imperial College London.
Nutrition and Immunity
A balanced diet bringing to your body vitamins and minerals, combined with healthy lifestyle factors, good sleep, exercise and low stress, most effectively help the body to fight infection and disease.